Re: [Exim] Recipient checking: LDAP

Author: Russell King
To: Wakko Warner
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users, Sheldon Hearn
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recipient checking: LDAP
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:40:27AM -0400, Wakko Warner wrote:
> I setup LOGIN, PLAIN, CRAM-MD5 and SPA at work. My CRAM-MD5 and SPA pretty
> much look exactly the same. One thing about SPA on the outlook side, it
> uses your windows login information to authenticate, not your email
> address/login information (if different). Apparently it doesn't even offer
> you the option of supplying login information. I tested this with outlook
> 2000. I have not tested outlook express since we don't use it.

I know that exims SPA currently seems to be inoperable with W98 outlook
clients - W98 outlook just sends back a single "*\r\n" in response to
exim's SPA challenge. I'm hoping that its possible to get this resolved
though (I've been in contact with Tom privately on this issue).

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/