[Exim] SMTP Authentication compile / options error

Author: James Brindle
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] SMTP Authentication compile / options error
Hi

I have re-compiled my exim 4.05 with:

AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes
AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes

Uncommented in Local/Makefile

I have managed to get a successful config that allows SMTP
authentication from a MySQL database but I can't allow relay of
unknown hosts.

I have tried to put the line:

host_auth_allow_relay = * OR
host_auth_allow_relay = 0.0.0.0/0

But I get the following error when starting exim:

2003-10-16 18:04:26 Exim configuration error in line 60:
main option "host_auth_accept_relay" unknown

According to documentation, this means I haven't enabled the
AUTH_??? parts - but I have!

I'm not using PAM as a previous post mentions. My system is
Slackware Linux 8.1 (Kernel 2.4.18)

I want to allow SMTP auth from any IP address but unauthenticated
relay via a closed set of addresses.

Can someone please suggest a way I can make this work.

Many thanks in advance.
James