Re: [Exim] :fail: from a router -- RESOLVED

Autor: Lane Vance
A: exim-users
CC: Wakko Warner
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] :fail: from a router -- RESOLVED
Thanks a ton to Wakko and Sander for all your suggestions and ideas! This
is now fixed and working just as I wanted it to.

The solution:

In your ACL where you have verify = recipient set the message =
$acl_verify_message. In my rcpt acl block I have the following:

  accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          message       = $acl_verify_message
          verify        = recipient

Then in any router where you will potentially fail a message you would
include:

data = :fail:$local_part@$domain has blacklisted all mail coming from
$sender_address_domain

with your desired error message immediately following the :fail:

Lastly, in your very last router you would want to include
cannot_route_message like the following to define the error message you want
to return if the message cannot be delivered at all:

cannot_route_message = Unknown local user or domain

-Lane