Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP protocol violation/bug

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Mark Bergsma
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP protocol violation/bug
> I use a verify-only router to reject some often used spam-addresses during
> SMTP time:
>
> bad_addresses:
>         driver = redirect
>         data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{CONFDIR/bad_addresses}
> {:fail:$value}fail}
>         allow_fail
>         verify_only
>         fail_verify

> CONFDIR/bad_addresses contains simply this:
>
> localpart1@domain1
> localpart2@domain2:    Address abused for spam

> i.e., some addresses are followed by an explanatory text, some are not.
>
> When I do a test with the first address:

lsearch is line by line, so when it found "localpart1@domain1", the data =
became: :fail:
but when it found "localpart2@domain2", the data = became:
:fail:Address abused for spam

probably a better way would be in rcpt acl:
deny recipients = CONFDIR/bad_addresses
    message = Address abused for spam

If you want different messages per address, you'll have to assign each one
a message or use different acl rules and different files.