[Exim] Re: reject mail from <>

Author: Vineet Kumar
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: reject mail from <>
* Sherona Hoosen (sherona@???) [031013 01:34]:
> Hi
>
> We are running exim4.24 on solaris 9.
>
> I am getting lots for mail from <> which seems to be filling up the server.
> Ie getting lots of error messages
> "2003-10-13 05:54:52 Connection from 146.141.67.151 refused: too many connections"
>
> I ther anyway we can stop the mail from coming on to the server

Don't just block all mail from the null sender address <>. This is
broken behavior and grounds for blacklisting. Are you getting multiple
connections from the same addresses? Try blocking those at your
firewall, or adding them to host_reject_connection.

If you do decide to block mail from <>, make it only a temporary
measure, and fix it as soon as you can figure out what's going on.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/