Re: [Exim] AUTH= support for lmtp transport

Author: Pat Lashley
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] AUTH= support for lmtp transport
--On Monday, October 13, 2003 15:15:39 +0200 Claas Hilbrecht
<claas+exim-users@???> wrote:

>> works great. If you want *everyone* to be allowed to post to
>> "cyrus_mailbox_name+subfolder_in_cyrus@???", set the ACL on
>> subfolder_in_cyrus to 'anonymous p', see cyradm(1). You don't need to
>> patch exim for that.
>
> The last time I tried this it doesn't work for me but I can't remember
> why.
> This is why I create the auth patch for exim 4.20. Do you have any better
> tool that cyradm to manage imap folders? I really seek for a web tools
> that
> allows users to modify their acls. It's really difficult for novice users
> to use cyradm. I can explain plus adressing to them but not how to use
> cyradm to add the acl for anonymous.

Set the mailbox ACL to 'anyone p' for submailboxes that are available
for direct delivery.

There is at least one MUA (Mulberry - http://www.cyrusoft.com/) that
understands Cyrus ACLs and provides a dialog to edit the ACLS on mailboxes.

I don't know whether any of the web mail applications have Cyrus ACL
support; but if not, it really shouldn't be at all difficult to set
up a secure web page to do ACL modifications. A CGI script using the
Cyrus::IMAP perl module should be pretty straight-forward.

Using per-mailbox ACLs means that it is still possible for a user to
prevent direct delivery to some mailboxes and allow it to others.

-Pat