Re: [Exim] AUTH= support for lmtp transport

Author: Oliver Eikemeier
To: Claas Hilbrecht
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] AUTH= support for lmtp transport
Claas Hilbrecht wrote:

>>> cyrus_lmtp:
>>>  rcpt_include_affixes = yes
>>>  driver = lmtp
>>>  auth = ${lookup mysql{select auth from mailcfg_email_mailboxes where \
>>>                mailbox='${quote_mysql:$local_part}' limit 1}}
>>>  socket = /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

>> Shouldn't that be named 'authenticated_sender'?
>
> I don't think so. "auth" refers to a user that is allowed to post message
> to the cyrus imap subfolder the mail is directed to (see my email address
> for example). So this has nothing to do with a sender.

MAIL FROM=<> AUTH=<user>
     ^^^^

I'm using

driver = smtp
protocol = lmtp
authenticated_sender = $authenticated_id

works great. If you want *everyone* to be allowed to post to
"cyrus_mailbox_name+subfolder_in_cyrus@???", set the ACL on
subfolder_in_cyrus to 'anonymous p', see cyradm(1). You don't need to
patch exim for that.