Re: [Exim] spam acl condition: cannot parse spamd output

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam acl condition: cannot parse spamd output
On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 11:53:56AM +0200, Michael Haardt wrote:
> > > 2003-10-08 15:26:46 <message ID> spam acl condition: cannot parse spamd output
> >
> > Are you using SA v2.60? I had to back down from that upgrade because
> > exiscan-acl doesn't understand changes in the output of SA. I wish
> > they'd take backward compatibility a little more seriously.
>
> My exiscan patch might fix that issue, but be aware that you need to
> change the ACL by prepending server and port, as:
>
>    spam = 127.0.0.1:783:user:true

> I am trying to get that patch, which implements correct spamd header
> parsing and allows multiple SA servers, into exiscan since quite a
> while.

[...]

Could you make your patch more upgrade-friendly? That is, change it in
a way that applying your patch would not require _everybody_ to change
their config, making '127.0.0.1:783:' in the spam condition optional,
defaulting to the value of spamd_address.

I hope/assume that Tom will also include support for Unix-domain sockets,
the config syntax should be able to cope with that.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"