Re: [Exim] initgroups() when dropping privilege?

Author: John Dalbec
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] initgroups() when dropping privilege?

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> John Dalbec writes on 10/10/2003 10:30 PM:
>
>> I've run "chgrp exim /etc/mail/sympa_aliases" (which appears to work)
>> but it would be nice not to have to do that every time I install the RPM.
>> Thanks,
>> John
>

> I mean - add the sympa user to the group that exim runs under (say if
> exim runs as exim:exim, vi /etc/groups and add the user sympa to the
> exim group)
>
>     srs

The post-install script for the RPM contains these commands:

chown sympa.sympa /etc/mail/sympa_aliases
chmod 0640 /etc/mail/sympa_aliases

Regardless of what group the sympa user belongs to, I still have to
"chgrp exim /etc/mail/sympa_aliases" after installing it for Exim to be
able to read the file when it's verifying addresses. No, I don't
install it _that_ often, but it's a pain to have to remember all these
extra steps when I do.

John