Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Blacklisted by Yahoo! Request for help
On Friday 10 October 2003 03:49, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Odhiambo G. Washington writes on 10/10/2003 11:28 AM:
> > The indicators were found from here:
> >
> > http://www.mob.net/~ted/tools/rbl.php3
> >
> > This is the results for my IP at Ted's:
>
> Why do you think yahoo is using it?

If Yahoo were using it they'd get no mail from anywhere, and I doubt
they're using it. I'm listed in it (everyone is) and I have no
problems sending email to Yahoo addresses.

Imho, RBL list maintainers that decide to shut down are making bad
decisions when they decide to shut down in "everyone gets listed) mode.
All they end up doing is making it harder for those of us who want to
use blocklists to justify it.

Because of the unreliability of blocklists we've recently switched from
using them to using spamassassin, which ends up wasting our resources,
not the spammers'.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation