Re: [Exim] Passwd file authenticator

Author: Jez Hancock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Passwd file authenticator
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:46:38PM +0200, Kirill Miazine wrote:
> * James Cumming [2003-10-10 13:34]:
> >
> > OK - If I try this I get the following:
> >
> > 435 Unable to authenticate at present: unknown condition "saslauthd"
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Set CYRUS_SASLAUTHD_SOCKET in Local/Makefile.

Yes sorry I forgot to mention you have to build exim with support for
saslauthd - must admit I don't actually know the procedure because the
freebsd port does it all for me :P

Best bet is to read through src/EDITME in the exim dist and
search for 'saslauthd'. After a quick grep it looks like you might need to
build exim with --with-saslauthd as well as setting the Makefile option
Kirill mentions above.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer