Re: [Exim] Passwd file authenticator

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: James Cumming
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Passwd file authenticator
James Cumming writes on 10/10/2003 3:23 PM:

> I'm trying to configure exim 4.24 to force authentication from clients such as Outlook using the passwd file on my server.
> Unfortunately, the documentation is very detailed about everything except how to get it working!
>
> I basically want it to fail to relay mail from that IP if the user isn't authenticated correctly.
>
> Can someone provide me with an example for the exim.conf file

Much easier to have a local copy of /etc/passwd (say in the exim
directory - /etc/exim or wherever), chown'd to the exim uid/gid
(mailnull:mail) - read from that.

Or else you'd have to futz around with pam modules (e-admin.de/pam-exim
or whatever).

Alternatively, there's cyrus saslauthd that you can try (an update from
the cyrus pwcheck patch that was being used earlier).

Poke around ftp.exim.org for a config.samples tarball.