Re: [Exim] Postfix to Exim questions

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nico Erfurth
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Matthew Williams
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Postfix to Exim questions
Matthew Williams wrote:

(I'll assume you're going to use exim 4.XX)

> With Postfix there is a 'virtual' file where I can add aliases for
> virtual domains. Can I do the same with Exim and if so how is this achieved?

TMTOWTDI

The way I personally prefer for small installations is....

- Use a directory /etc/exim/domains
- add one file per local domain

edit your local_domains to this
domainlist local_domains = localhost : dsearch;/etc/exim/domains

add a router like this one

virtual_aliases:
   driver = redirect
   domains = dsearch;/etc/exim/domains
   data = ${lookup {$local_part} lsearch* \
            {/etc/exim/domains/$domain}{$value}fail}

when every entry in your current virtuals maps to a system-account, then
make /etc/exim/domains/$domain look like this

*:catch_all_user
user1: domain1_user1
user2: domain2_user2

IMHO this is very easy to manage. But the final solution depends on your
needs ;)

> The command to update the database in Postfix I use:
>
> /usr/sbin/postmap /etc/postfix/virtual
>
> Is there an equivalent command for Exim?

exim_dbmbuild

> To force Postfix to update its database eminently the command is:
>
> /usr/sbin/postfix reload
>
> Is there an equivalent command for Exim?

No, it's not needed, exim opens the file when needed.

Nico

--
Besides, REAL computers have a rename() system call.    :-)
                 --Larry Wall in <7937@???>