Re: [Exim] Logging with system_filter

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: EXIM Official Maillist
Subject: Re: [Exim] Logging with system_filter
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> We've had Alan (Flavell) ranting on this,

Today I've got a fresh reason for ranting on this.

A certain list server (whose name will no doubt become public in due
course if they don't mend their ways...) is repeatedly trying to
distribute spam to us: our mailer refuses it.

In response, their list server sends non-delivery reports to the
address of the owner of that particular list, complete with a copy of
the spam. He (the list owner) is now threatening to unsubscribe our
user from his list for the offence of deluging him (the list owner) in
spam. Our user says please can we accept the spam, to pacify the list
owner, and quietly discard it. I say this would be solving the wrong
problem.

Sigh*2