[Exim] lots of processes

Author: Randy Mingo
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] lots of processes
We've been having some strange happenings with exim lately. We use postini.com as a filtering system for spam and virus' so they clean the email then deliver it to us. On a fresh reboot the machine will run fine for a hour. Then right at the hour mark the processes start climbing and keep climbing until the machine dies. It looks to us as if the people who spam check our email are making connections that do nothing and never let go. Is there any settings we might be able to tweak to make it drop their connection after a set period of time.

Thanks,
Randy Mingo