Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam

Autor: Mark Edwards
A: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> At 1:56 -0700 2003/10/08, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>> I've decided on sending out the bounce message to spammers, with
>> instruciton on how to send and email through and skip the spam checks.
>

> I hope you meant that you'll give a 5XX smtp error message with
> instructions!

Well, I'm using the fail command in a filter. That generates what I
would call a bounce message (its referred to that way in the
documentation) with a set of instructions on how to get the mail through
if there is a human reading them.

>> I've enabled a callout like so, so that should stop some of the spam
>> from getting anywhere near me in the first place:
>>
>> require verify        = sender/callout=30s

> unfortunately you'll be surprised of how much spam comes with usable
> forged addresses (mainly because some providers still do not check
> their local recipient at smtp time. e.g. yahoo).

Yes, I was obviously hasty in my earlier pronouncement that 99% of spam
has a bunk return address. I wasn't thinking very hard when I stated that.