Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam

Author: Mark Edwards
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Walt Reed, Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 21:15, Walt Reed wrote:
>

>>If you actually DO find a clueless site that insists on sending with a
>>non-routable address, you can always white-list them.
>>

>Blacklisting sounds more appropriate.
>
>    Nigel.
>    -- BOFH and proud of it

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I've decided on sending out the bounce message to spammers, with
instruciton on how to send and email through and skip the spam checks.

I've enabled a callout like so, so that should stop some of the spam
from getting anywhere near me in the first place:

require verify        = sender/callout=30s

The part after sender was added to the default configuration. It seems
to work. I'm going to monitor exim closely for a while to see how
things go. I really don't want to blackhole legitimate email, but I
also don't want to cause problems by sending out bounces.

Thanks again!