Re: [Exim] Wrong Banner

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Wrong Banner
rche@??? said:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an Exim 4.05 running on a Red Hat box. It's all fine except for
> some incoming mails. We're getting trouble to receive some mails from a
> particular domain. When I try to "telnet <their domain> 25" I got a reply
> looks like this:
> Is this the cause for that incoming problem ? We have no problem for
> outgoing mails to them.

Welcome to the world of Pix... specifically Cisco Pix fixup smtp 25.

It caused us a lot of grief and took me a while to get the network dudes
to reluctantly turn it OFF!

We had mail getting stuck due to a bug with the way packets separated the
. from the <cr>...

The moment they were removed, Exim, Sendmail etc... all worked fine.

I would suggest you turn it off.