Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam
Hi Mark, on Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:55:26 -0700 you wrote:

> So, I'm trying to concoct a method to kill the spam without sacrificing
> the one false-positive that SA generates per year. I understand why the
> bounce message method is not a good solution, so it seems like the only
> two choices are read it or auto-delete it.

I think you're missing the oft-discussed one here: reject at SMTP time.
You can set a custom SMTP message, so for the 1 false-positive per year
that's from a "real" person, they will get your "sorry" message (albeit
slightly buried in a bounce generated from an MTA closer to them).

If you're not familiar with this method, my HOWTO might help give a quick
intro: http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

Tim