Re: [Exim] Weird issue..

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Spaced
CC: Exim
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Weird issue..
On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:04:01PM -0600, Spaced said:
> I'm not sure if this belongs here, or on the PHP list, or what.. so I'm
> sorry to say, I've started here.
>
> I have been working on a little web app for my company that will deliver a
> text message to my company's staff (the ones that have cell phones
> anyways..). I'm with Rogers, and I recieve the message just fine. My
> co-worker, who is will Bell Mobility, recieves a message full of headers
> and garbage.. and because of the limits of a text message, he hardly gets
> any of the intended message.
>
> However, when I send an e-mail through pine (it's on the same box, and
> shares the same exim configuration, etc), the message comes through
> without a problem, and without all the leading garbage.

Well, you didn't provide any examples of "garbage" so it's hard to help.
Regardless, this is an MUA issue and not an MTA issue (it has nothing to
do with exim.)

Without examples, it's impossible to tell what is happening, but it's
possible that the PHP application is inserting a blank line in the
headers somewhere causing the remaining headers to look like part of the
body of the message.

I would suggest sending a test email to a regular email account from
both pine and your PHP app and compare the two.