Re: [Exim] 4.24 rpm might loose /usr/sbin/sendmail (was: exi…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.24 rpm might loose /usr/sbin/sendmail (was: exim RPM update)
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:38, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Looks like Nigel chose to include this in the 4.24 rpm, however when
> Upgrading from 4.22 (without alternatives support) this left me
> without a /usr/sbin/sendmail link. Output of cronjobs begone.[1] I am
> running RedHat 7.3, just for reference.

I thought I had nailed that bug - I'll check back through my packages.

> I had to first run
> /usr/sbin/alternatives -remove mta /usr/sbin/sendmail.exim
> followed the "alternatives --install" quoted above.

Theres another way of doing it...

Ah - I think I see the problem....
in %post:-
        # make sure we have the appropriate link in
        if [ ! -f /usr/sbin/exim ]
        then
            /usr/sbin/alternatives --auto mta
        fi

The ref to /usr/sbin/exim should have been /usr/sbin/sendmail

    Nigel.