Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql

Author: Mark Bergsma
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql
On Monday 06 October 2003 19:15, Richard Welty wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:53:02 +0200 Mark Bergsma <mark@???> wrote:
> > Perhaps SQLite (http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/) is interesting as well.
> > It works embedded like a dbm-library, but uses SQL and supports nearly
> > the entire SQL 92 standard. It's small, fast and self contained...

> it does not support concurrent usage, however. locking is basically
> non-existent.

> > about it. PHP 4 is going to depend heavily on this...

> which may have interesting side effects for heavily loaded web sites that
> use it without worrying about the locking issues. but that's offtopic for
> exim-users ...

Are you sure about this? I find that hard to believe. The web page talks about
'atomic commit and rollback', and I can't find anything on it that supports
your claim, not even on the 'unsupported features' page.

I think PHP was going to use it for sessions support, and it's unlikely they'd
have used SQLite if it did not support concurrent usage.

--
Mark

mark@???