Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql

Author: Tony Finch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>(3) I can't see how using SQL can be *that* much better, in that it too
>must use some kind of locking feature in order to handle simultaneous
>accesses. Can it really do this in a more efficient way than the
>system's file locking? There also has to be a process switch (as far as
>I know) in order to interact with an SQL database.

I would have thought that putting in the effort to abstract Exim's
hints database layer enough that it could support a SQL backend would at
the same time make it flexible enough to be able to use more advanced
embedded databases more effectively, and probably vice versa too.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
THE MULL OF GALLOWAY TO MULL OF KINTYRE INCLUDING THE FIRTH OF CLYDE AND THE