Re: [Exim] Plain authenticator.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Guillermo Llenas
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Plain authenticator.
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Guillermo Llenas wrote:

>     Is there any way to implement smtp authentication against a mysql
> where the passwords are in plain (for example 1234) and in Md5 (for
> example 59f2443a4317918ce29ad28a14e1bdb7).

If you can assume that the MD5 passwords are always the same length, and
the plain passwords are never that length, you could test the length of
the password. You would have to appear to do the lookup twice (use a
macro to save writing it twice) but because Exim caches the most recent
lookup, it would not actually do it twice. I have not got time to work
this through, but something like

  ${if eq {${length:LOOKUP}}{32}
    {
    the required condition for MD5