[Exim] Plain text authentication not working

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andrew Nelson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Plain text authentication not working
Hi,

I found this code in the documentation and put it in the
authentication section of my config, but still get "relay not
permitted" (even when configuring outlook with the username
and password ("ph10", "secret")..

  fixed_plain:
    driver = plaintext
    public_name = PLAIN
    server_prompts = :
    server_condition = \
      ${if and {{eq{$2}{ph10}}{eq{$3}{secret}}}{yes}{no}}
    server_set_id = $2

I've read through all the authentication sections of the docs
and still can't make it work! telnetting to port 25 and entering
HELO doesn't show up any AUTH stuff.. Exim should have been
compiled with it (its in the freebsd port).. How do I tell exim
to look for username/passwords before spitting out "relay not
permitted" ?

I'd love some help - you may have to spell it out a bit for
me - i've just migrated from sendmail!

thanks,
andrew.

Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Click here