Re: [Exim] relay_to_domains missing

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay_to_domains missing
Leonardo Boselli said:
> I have found only two citation of relay_to_domains option in
> the spec.txt and no other mention.
> in my exim 4.22 config file however i have fouind
> domainlist relay_to_domains : a.b.c.0/24
> for wihich there are no examples.

that is because it is just a name, or a container of information. It does
nothing my itself to change the behaviour of the system unless you use it
in a rule.

domainlist ARFFARFF = a.b.c.0/24

would define a domainlist called ARFFARFF of the a.b.c.0/24 IP range.
but again, would not do anything with it unless you used ARFFARFF
somewhere in a rule.

> At a first glance could be to read that should accept realy toward any
> host whose MX is in that net ...

If that is all you have done, it does nothing.

You have to then use the defined domainlist in a rule to use it.

> am I correct ? (it is exactly what should do ...)
> on domainlist there are no mention of such indications of subnets ..
> is a bug in the documentation ?

No

> is a deprecated option ?

No

> is a distribution fault ?

No

Since I don't act as an secondary MX for other domains, I don't have any
listed, but it is in my configuration.

# If this is an MX site for another domain
domainlist relay_to_domains =

In the recipient acl you could then have

        # Accept if the domain is local.  If not Say it is Unknown User
        accept  domains       = +local_domains
                endpass
                message       = Unknown user
                verify        = recipient

        # Opps it is not a local user... Is it a relay_to_domain ?
        accept  domains       = +relay_to_domains
                endpass
                message       = Unroutable address
                verify        = recipient

Note that the sample configuration has this already in it almost exactly
the same way. You should look at it too.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums