RE: [Exim] Outlook timeouts

Author: Greg Kable
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Outlook timeouts
Thanks for the suggestion Tom but, as I expected, that didn't work. I
already had ident disabled for the origin host so setting the timeout to
0 didn't change anything.

It did however get me thinking. I strongly suspect that the problem is
that Exim responds too quickly for Outlook and this causes Outlook to
somehow "lose" the OK reply. So, to try to slow Exim down, I tried
ENABLING ident lookups and it appears to have worked! I had one message
which was hanging and it's now gone through.

In case it's only reduced the problem, does anybody have any hints on
things I can do to increase the time between Exim receiving the "MAIL
FROM" and it responding OK?

Thanks,
    Greg