Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql
> > Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I was more thinking about an option to
> > store the hints/callout db in sql instead of on the filesystem.
>
> Why? I cannot see any benefits at all from doing what you are thinking.

Why not? I could see it as maybe benefitting multiple servers sharing the
same information about things. If one server has done it already another
server wouldn't have too. Or it could be an easy way to see what's in there
(of course, morelikely, everything else would be in SQL as well).

(I've actually thought about having the entire exim config in sql!)

> > No, nico, I don't need coffee!!!
>
> Coffee - no. Sleep - yes.

I've had sleep already...