Re: [Exim] Return-Path:

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Return-Path:
res0nlrn said:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to exim. I am running debian stable, which has exim-3.35. I
> have a small app written in php which is using exim as smtp to send
> emails.
>
> How do I configure exim so it uses from email address as Return-Path
> Apache is running as www-data so currently Return-Path in all emails is
> coming as www-data@<domain-name>
>
> Please help.

I use something like

/PATHTO/[sendmail|exim] -f WHATEVERSENDER@domain-name -t < tmp_file

The temp file would have basic needed headers for normal From To Subject
etc... and the message.

You would then need to make the owner of apache (www-data maybe??) a
trusted user so that it is permitted to do this.

In my case, Apache is owned by www with the group of wwwgroup, so the
trusted user is www.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.tnet.com/forums