[Exim] Catch all address not working

Author: Mills Mr C P
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] Catch all address not working
I have recently (in the last week) upgraded to Exim 4 from 3.????. I
have a number of virtual hosts each consisting of a separate aliases
file and in some of them, I use a "*: someone@???" as a
catch all address. This worked fine in Exim 3 using the following
director:

virtual:
    driver = aliasfile
    qualify_preserve_domain
    domains = dbm;/etc/mail/domains/domainlist
    no_more
    file = /etc/mail/domains/$domain/aliases
    search_type = lsearch*

I am now attempting to use the following in Exim 4 but its not
working.

system_aliases:
    driver = redirect
    allow_fail
    allow_defer
    data = ${lookup {$local_part} wildlsearch
{/etc/mail/domains/$domain/aliases} }
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    cannot_route_message = Unknown user

I assume my problem is with the lookup but I am at a loss as to what
is wrong with it.

Someone must have this working in Exim 4 so any tips would be
gratefully accepted. Please help!

Many thanks

Chris Mills
Cranfield University Shrivenham Campus