Re: [Exim] exim 3.35-3woody1: SMTP data timeout

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Thilo Pfennig, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim 3.35-3woody1: SMTP data timeout
At 15:44 +0200 2003/10/03, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
[...]
>I habe fiddled around with ident/Port 113, because servers like this
>seem to have a firewall which "eats" ident lookups and my server does
>not get an answer, so he cuts connection. But with
>"rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s" ... this should not be happening?

I would say that zero means "no timeout", that is timeout = infinity...

>I have tested a connection to my server with telnet and it did not
>timeout, even if I take my time...

of course it does not timeout, it is not the TCP connection that
times out, but the remote SMTP server that timeouts waiting for your
server welcome message.

>So I am very confused. I suppose there is some kind of lookup that is
>not functioning.

I would bring the timeout down to 15 seconds.

And while you are at it install exim-4!

Giuliano