[Exim] exim 3.35-3woody1: SMTP data timeout

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Thilo Pfennig
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] exim 3.35-3woody1: SMTP data timeout
Hi,

I am new to this list.

I am having massive problems with data timeouts lately under Debian.
Some Mailservers get an SMTP timeout.

for instance:

2003-10-03 04:12:43 SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection
from extra.nordclick.de [62.214.54.90]

I habe fiddled around with ident/Port 113, because servers like this
seem to have a firewall which "eats" ident lookups and my server does
not get an answer, so he cuts connection. But with
"rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s" ... this should not be happening?

I have tested a connection to my server with telnet and it did not
timeout, even if I take my time...

So I am very confused. I suppose there is some kind of lookup that is
not functioning.

I have just switched Exim from Daemon to Inetd-Mode. But this did not
change anything.

Any hints would be nice!

Thilo

--