Re: [Exim] local_scan crash

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jim Pazarena
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan crash
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> Is there a way to have exim "accept" an email which may have crashed
> within local_scan?

No.

> if not, could this be added to the wish list?

Yes, but it may not be as easy to implement as it sounds. You are never
quite sure of the state of the environment after a crash. And consider
situations where the local_scan() function was in the middle of updating
the recipients list, and the crash leaves it in an inconsistent state.
Or even a state where Exim will also crash if it tries to access it. I
suppose a copy could be kept before calling local_scan(), but since
local_scan() runs as part of the Exim process, and can therefore fiddle
with the memory in random ways, I'm not sure that this is actually a
very good idea.

Philip