Re: [Exim] permanent fatal error

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hiep Nguyen
Para: Sheldon Hearn
CC: Exim-users, Nico Erfurth
Asunto: Re: [Exim] permanent fatal error

nice observation!

is there a way i can speed it up on my side? my config is almost vanilla.

We have fast enough connectivity and the server dont seem like its taking a
hit.

Thanks,
Hiep Nguyen

             Sheldon Hearn
             <sheldonh@starjui
             ce.net>                                                    To
                                       Hiep Nguyen
             09/30/2003 12:48          <HNguyen@???>
                                       Nico Erfurth <masta@???>,
                                       Exim-users <Exim-users@???>
                                                                   Subject

On (2003/09/30 12:33), Hiep Nguyen wrote:

> Its only happening with this one sender. I searched throughout the logs
> and no record of the email. either by name, ipadress or recipient.

Because the timeout is happening on THEIR side.

Note that it looks like your server is trying to do auth/ident (RFC
1413) callbacks:

$ date; echo quit | nc sp1.varsityspirit.com 25; date
Tue Sep 30 19:44:51 SAST 2003
220 sp1.varsityspirit.com ESMTP Exim 4.14 Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:14:24 -0500
221 sp1.varsityspirit.com closing connection
Tue Sep 30 19:45:22 SAST 2003

It takes 30 seconds for the SMTP banner to be presented. I've had over
a minute's delay from your server, though.

Now, if the server on THEIR side isn't prepared to wait long enough (low
timeout), then you're going to have a problem.

Why do I suspect a low timeout? Because their server said it gave up
after a day. So they've probably been fiddling with timeout and retry
values.

Ciao,
Sheldon.