Re: [Exim] Segmentation fault in callouts

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
CC: ph10
Subject: Re: [Exim] Segmentation fault in callouts
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:30:30PM -0400, Dean Brooks wrote:

> > I see this report, but I'm in the middle up upgrading to a new
> > workstation, so may not be able to look more closely for a while.
>
> I was able to use GDB with debugging symbols to get a stacktrace
> at the point of sigfault. Again, this is Exim 4.24 running
> under Solaris 7 with GCC 2.95.3 using a command line of:

Ok, I figured out the problem.

It's still probably a bug that should be fixed, but at least I know
the cause.

The router that the callout code was using was a verify_only router
I was using that did not have a transport specified:

verify_remote_domains:
driver=dnslookup
domains = ! +localdomains
ignore_target_hosts = EXIMDIR/unroutable-nets
self = fail
verify_only
no_more

This router works fine for normal verification, but callouts failed
since no transport = no port number, and hence the crash in the
callout code.

Someone else may run into this, so may be worth using a default port
number if it can't determine one from an applicable router.

-Dean