[Exim] Using Exim4, Maildrop and Debian

Author: Greg Folkert
To: Exim List
Subject: [Exim] Using Exim4, Maildrop and Debian
--
I am unsure as to how many here use Debian.

I have figured out a fix for getting maildrop to work as a router
through exim 4.22 (being an MDA). I believe it comes down to a packaging
error in Maildrop (or courier-maildrop actually).

If in using this in the conf:

require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.mailfilter:/usr/bin/maildrop

Gives you defers, versus:

require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.mailfilter:+/usr/bin/maildrop

Skipping over the whole router you are going to need to change:

-r-s--x--x    1 root    daemon     153256 Sep 11 17:42 /usr/bin/maildrop

to:

-r-sr-xr-x    1 root    daemon     153256 Sep 11 17:42 /usr/bin/maildrop

I am going to submit a bug to Debian about the courier-maildrop
packaging error... but in case anyone was having an issue getting exim4
as packaged by Andreas Metzler (which I might add == Nice Config setup)
getting the maildrop router to work... it is not exim4 causing the
issue.

What are the odds, Andreas maintains courier-maildrop as well? Hope not.
--
greg, greg@???

The phase of your hallucinations reminds me of those balmy days when the
championship mould was breeding, when the fish were long, and so were
the valued floats of men we drank through narrow straws...