Re: [Exim] Message Frozen issue

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nico Erfurth
Aan: Marc Wilkinson
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Message Frozen issue
Marc Wilkinson wrote:

> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- [ Picked text/plain
> from multipart/alternative ] Hi I am beginning to pull my hair out
> here, I am still pretty new at EXIM and I am suffering from MASSES of
> "message frozen" responses.
>
> the issue seems to be when a message is returned to my domain, to a
> user that doesn't exist.

Enable receiver verification, that will reject the RCPT TO:

Add this to your rcpt acl, in a good position, maybe before any RBL checks.

require message = unrouteable receiver address
         verify  = recipient

> Now, I am not yet sure WHY the messages are coming back to me -
> whether it is faked FROM by a spammer, or somebody careless joined a

I think you're Joe-jobbed (a spammer is using your domain to send spam,
so the bounces will sooner or later return to you)

> mailing list using a fake email address, that happens to be in my
> domain - OR - my fear that I am actually OPEN as a relay and being
> used.

Most probably not, unless you have a bad config.
http://www.ordb.org/ will happily test your configuration ;)
Have you checked your logfiles?

Nico

--
It's there as a sop to former Ada programmers.  :-)
     --Larry Wall regarding 10_000_000 in <11556@???>