Re: [Exim] permissions problem

Author: Pavel Gulchouck
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] permissions problem
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:08:18PM +0300, Pavel Gulchouck writes:
> I've read all answers to this quiestion in the exim FAQ, but the
> problem still exists. :(
>
> I have an error
>
> Sep 28 14:48:28 happy exim[8108]: 1A3a2O-00026k-1f unable to set gid=205 or uid=205 (euid=90): local delivery to |/opt/drweb/drweb-exim -f $sender_address -- $recipients <|/opt/drweb/drweb-exim -f $sender_address -- $recipients> transport=filter_pipe
>
> on background delivery and frozen messages.
> Then all this messages are delivered ok by "exim -qff".
> Exim is suid root. UID 90 is exim, UID/GID 205 - drweb.
> It seems that system filter runs under user exim but not
> root despite of spec.txt. There's no system_filter_user
> token in my config. Local delivery is via procmail.

The answer is: I'm using -D switch in the commandline, so exim
drops root privelegies.
But I start exim as root (real uid & euid), so I do not want that
he drop root privelegies. Now it cannot restart by SIGHUP on config
change (permission denied on bind()).
What should I do for run exim with macros or alter config and with
root privelegies?

--
                                Lucky carrier,
                                                  Pavel.