Re: [Exim] Spam Woes : Verisign .COM & .NET fiasco

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Cc: Andreas Metzler
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Spam Woes : Verisign .COM & .NET fiasco
Quoth Andreas Metzler on Sat, Sep 27, 2003:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 11:28:05AM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > yOn Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Richard Lithvall wrote:
> >
> > > *.TD                    CNAME   www.nic.TD
> > > www.nic.TD              A       146.101.245.154

> > This one isn't too harmful, since MTAs check for the
> > existance of an A or MX record, not a CNAME...

After they get the canonical name. In this case, mail sent to
user@??? will be delivered to www.nic.td.

> > Maybe it's time to suggest a CNAME to Veritas ? ;)
>
> They'd just need to add a wildcard-MX pointing to 127.0.0.1 if they
> wanted to solve the mail/spam-problem (verify=sender broken).

I thought it would be better to fix DNS, instead of introducing
one breakage to cover up for another. MX records pointing to
localhost are inherently evil, and the fact that Exim knows how
to deal with it means it's popular but doesn't make it OK.

Vadik.

--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending
their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to