Re: [Exim] FW: A.S.K

Página Inicial
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] FW: A.S.K
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 16:28, Alun wrote:
> --
> Dennis Davis (D.H.Davis@???) said, in message
>     <200309261545.aa09413@???>:

> > A URL would have been nice.
>
> Google says:
>
> http://www.paganini.net/ask/
>
> > and I've seen adverse comments on such software, particularly from
> > mailing list owners.

Definitely. I'd do my best to ignore such software. If it managed to
get its messages through the list owner I would blacklist the address.
If it sent queries to the original senders of list mail and I found out
about it I would flame the owner and permanently block them. But then
I'm well balanced and subtle like that.

> Given that this list is always harping on about not sending any form of
> automatic message in response to detected spam, I'd say that this software
> is very close to the boundaries of "decent behaviour" as defined by the list
> :-)

Actually the big problem with this stuff is that its utterly self
limiting. What happens if both you & I use this software (but have not
previously had any communication), but then you send me a message?
If the query my ASK system sends you is specially white listed then its
nice and easy to make a way of working round the whole system.

This stuff is the latest
security-through-obscurity-and-being-a-bloody-pain-in-the-arse
equivalent of the disguising email addresses as fred@???

    Nigel.

[Now how many content filters has the previous paragraph triggered?]