Re: [Exim] FW: A.S.K

Author: Alun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] FW: A.S.K
--
Dennis Davis (D.H.Davis@???) said, in message
    <200309261545.aa09413@???>:

> A URL would have been nice.

Google says:

http://www.paganini.net/ask/

> and I've seen adverse comments on such software, particularly from
> mailing list owners.

Given that this list is always harping on about not sending any form of
automatic message in response to detected spam, I'd say that this software
is very close to the boundaries of "decent behaviour" as defined by the list
:-)

I'm currently using a modified form of greylisting (as described at
http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/) to handle all mail for
aber.ac.uk. This appears, on 3 weeks data, to have cut our incoming
spam by 80% with no impact on legitimate mail. The algorithm described
there has some bad flaws, but I think I've got around these in my
implementation. Have to write it up sometime :-)

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494