Re: [Exim] problem with unopenable exim_rejectlog

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] problem with unopenable exim_rejectlog
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> I have come across a problem, thanks to the hardcoded path to chown
> in exicyclog.. (why hardcoding the path when the shell could find it
> on its own?).

You might run exicyclog from cron. The PATH may not be set. In some OS,
chown is kept in strange places.

> I ran today exicyclog for the first time and since it
> did not find chown, it stoppen on its tracks and left exim without
> either exim_mainlog and exim_rejectlog.

Exim should create its log files if they do not exist. I wonder why it
did not? Do you have them in a directory that is not writeable by the
Exim user?