Re: [Exim] Re: STOP Auto-Notification NOW!! was: Where is fa…

Author: Greg Folkert
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: STOP Auto-Notification NOW!! was: Where is fakereject in 4.24?
--
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 03:40, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> [...]
> >Does a 5xx really do this? I understand that generating a bounce
> >message does, but as I understand it, a 5xx is really the way to go. In
> [...]
> the point Greg was making referred to George's original post in which
> he said that he *sent* back a "custom 550 ... without the attachement
> [sic]". That was either unclear or was not an SMTP response, that is
> it was a bounce.
> 5XX at SMTP is fine.

Thank you Giuliano... that is exactly what I meant when I
*cough*over*cough* reacted ...

To be honest, I'd rather get 20 offers a day to split US $41,500,000
(Forty One Million, Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) with a chance to
get a new bride (with a Mustache and Bandoleer) then get ANY of this
current cruft.

But things being as they may... fine with the 5xx @ SMTP is indeed fine
with me as well.

--
greg, greg@???

Vos lobes d'orreilles sont comme les tetes des poissons en hiver.