Re: [Exim] sendmail client & 8bitmime

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Valentin Nechayev
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sendmail client & 8bitmime
Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:07:39, ph10 wrote about "Re: [Exim] sendmail client & 8bitmime":

>> mail from:<> size=5000 body=8bitmime
>> 501 <> size=5000 body=8bitmime: malformed address: size=5000 body=8bitmime may not follow <>
>>
>> What side in this conversation is wrong?

> Which release of Exim? I cannot reproduce this effect with Exim 4.24:

I was already prompted: it requires EHLO to accept `body=8bitmime'.
Obviously, sendmail didn't said EHLO. I think reason is that this Exim relay
was among sendmail relays for a relay name with multiple IN A. Sendmail
caches remote relay ESMTP capabilities in MCI database with cache key - not
IP address, but host name, so it possibly used wrong cached data.
Conclusion: don't mix different MTA on same relay name, and when switching MTAs,
wait more than 1 hour between shutting down old one and starting new one.

-netch-