Re: [Exim] Problems with CR translation in message bodies

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Problems with CR translation in message bodies
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:34:12PM -0700, Ari Gordon-Schlosberg wrote:
> I'm a member of the NetOps team at osdn.com. Currently, I'm babysitting
> our mail system, which uses exim of various versions. Our new
> MX box (the one that is mail.sourceforge.net) is running exim 4.22 with
> exiscan v10, using ClamAV and SpamAssassin for content scanning.
>
> Since deployment we've being seeing this rather odd problem: it looks
> like something in the processing chain is converting the carriage returns
> (0x0d or \r) to newlines (0x0a or \n).

[...]
> You can, of course, test against your own machines, if so should so
> choose. :)
>
> Here's the perl script I use to generate test mails. If you invoke it
> thusly you'll get a copy of the munged mail:
>
> perl testnewlines.pl | sendmail reflect@???

[...]

FWIW I cannot reproduce the problem with my local exim (4.22) and
local delivery, i.e. with
./testnewlines.pl | /usr/sbin/sendmail ametzler@localhost
or after adding
print "MAIL FROM:<>\n";
print "RCPT TO:ametzler@localhost\n";
print "DATA\n";
print "\n.\n"
at the correct locations with
./testnewlines.pl | /usr/sbin/exim -bS

However I have received one or two incorrectly doublespaced mails
myself, but do not know whether exim was really the culprit, there was
some sendmail and postfix involved in the transport. too.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"