[Exim] problem with unopenable exim_rejectlog

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] problem with unopenable exim_rejectlog
I have come across a problem, thanks to the hardcoded path to chown
in exicyclog.. (why hardcoding the path when the shell could find it
on its own?). I ran today exicyclog for the first time and since it
did not find chown, it stoppen on its tracks and left exim without
either exim_mainlog and exim_rejectlog. I created exim_mainlog, and
set its privileges and ownership. I forgot about exim_rejectlog.
Suddenly I noticed a number of log entries that did not have the
corresponding delivery or rejection lines. For instance this is one
solitary entry:

2003-09-25 17:01:46 HLS1UX-000BCQ-M5 H=n103b.kortex.jyu.fi
(bigfoot.com) [130.234.181.164] Warning: DATA SPAM
FLAGS:0;2;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0; SCORE: 4 RBLS: 0

A quick test showed that when a message was triggering a DATA phase
logging, since this in turn would have caused a write to
exim_rejectlog, the server would then reply with a 4XX temporary
error.

Wouldn't be better to be more robust and log a temporary failure to
the mainlog?

This failure was slightly difficult to detect as 1) the main exim
instance was not affected and so the server would keep on responding
and 2) for most emails, those that either were rejected at RCPT time
or accepted without DATA phase logging, this failure would clearly
not occur.

Moral of the story: keep an eye on paniclog.

Thanks

Giuliano