[Exim] Address header values case-sensitive in filters?

Author: Schramm, Dominik
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Address header values case-sensitive in filters?
Hi list,

up in the specs. But please point me to the right place if I missed it.

Are the address header values (like $h_from:) case-sensitive when used
in a filter file.
I.e., does
if $h_from: matches "dominik" then ....

catch headers like "From: Dominik" and "From: dOmInIk" as well?

I tried it out and it did match, but I'd like to find it written somewhere just to
make sure this behavior does not vary accross different systems
or Exim versions.

If matching is or "should actually be" case-sensitive: is there a case-insensitive
comparison operator?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Dominik Schramm

Senior System Administrator