Re: [Exim] Exim and Cyrus shared folders

Author: Jody Hay
To: Markus Fischer, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Cyrus shared folders
----- Original Message -----

<snip>

> You said that "cyrdeliver -m shared" works. But your exim command
> doesn't use the -m switch; maybe that's the problem? Mine looks like
> this:
>
> cyrus:
>     driver = pipe
>     command = /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -m ${substr_1:$local_part_suffix} --

$local_part
>     user = cyrus
>     group = mail
>     return_output
>     log_output
>     message_prefix =
>     message_suffix =

I tried using the above suggestion. Still no delivery.

> However, not that I'm using exim4; but I think the point is that you do

not invoke the cyrdeliver command properly.

> Have you tested what:
>
> exim -bt shared

wessex:/home/jhay/customizations# exim -bt shared
shared@wessex cannot be resolved at this time:
forced defer: All deliveries are deferred

interestingly, email to my account works, but yields the same message
jhay@wessex cannot be resolved at this time:
forced defer: All deliveries are deferred

> gives you on output?
>
> Or even more information with
>
> exim -d -bt shared

Exim version 3.36 debug level 1 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 2.7.7: (08/20/99)
shared@wessex cannot be resolved at this time:
forced defer: All deliveries are deferred

Is the problem that I don't have a fully qualified domain name?
I don't think so because email to a user account works fine,
apparently I haven't told Exim how to recognize a shared folder
as being a valid destination for delivery of mail.