[Exim] Re: trouble with HELO

Author: Monique Y. Herman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: trouble with HELO
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:48:23 -0700 (MST), Kevin W. Reed <listaccount@???>
penned:

> Monique Y. Herman said:
>> Hello all! I hope you can help this poor newbie out ...
>> How can I get exim to report the fully-qualified name?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice you kind folk might be able
>> to give me!
>
> primary_hostname =
>
> Might help (with a hostname of course...)
>
> Make sure you restart Exim to see the change in the configure file.

Sure does! Thank you very much.

Last night, a friend suggested ordering the machine's IP entry in
/etc/hosts such that the fqd name appeared before the simply machine
name, and that worked as well. Is there anything wrong with that
approach?

Certainly primary_hostname is a cleaner, surer way to handle the
problem.

-- monique