Re: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to dea…

Author: Jerry Bell
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Michael Coxe, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death
One thing I've found, although I'm sure there are exceptions, is that these
things generally do not come from all that many hosts. A dozen or so well
connected compromised boxes and no egress filters on an ISP will allow those
few hosts to look like thousands and thousands of hosts. In the past I've
had to have my upstream block port 80 and literally just wait for the kids
to get bored and move on to some other new toy, usually 8 to 10 hours. I
don't know anything of what happened to monkeys.com specifically, just
relaying my experience with this kind of thing.